Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A few things I need haha: (aka you could get these things for my belated bday HAHA)

Personal growth needs:

- BOOKS!!!! (dang, im under-reading. jeya scolded me for aiming A1 for O's now i know why hahah)
If anyone has a good read, pls share!!!!
(I know many of your closet bookworms are out there, stop hiding pleaseee)

Well I dont prefer anything, as long as the english is good and its not a bimbo book with no substance haha, anything would be fine (:

Then the next kinda books would be those from:
John C. Maxwell, Joyce Meyer, Lee Strobel etc etc.

I am currently interested in books abt thoughts, people growth, improving skills, motivational... etc?
I dont know what else is available ):

Currently I have with me (borrowed):
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership - John C. Maxwell
Developing the Leader Within You - John C. Maxwell
Winning With People - John C. Maxwell

Haha well I think his books are popular, huh?

Hmm, yep yep! (: I think I should start reading more now.
Otherwise I'll be forever stuck at this stage of growth and also at the mark of 21/30 for all my essays ):

So if you do find any good reads or know of any, do let me know!
(oh, by the way, recently i saw that borders had 20% on all John C. Maxwell's books.. Do you think you could go check it out?)

Well, it'd make a good and useful bday present (:


ok moving on,
Non-Personal growth needs:
- New backpack
- New pencil case
- New pens hahaha


Lastly,

I am thinking of selling my Nikon D40x!
Not sure how much yet, but if you're interested, do let me know! (:
Selling price will be nowhere near cost price so, fret not.



Okay, just a quick one ^^

Thank you all you peeps for making my bday a great one (:
Thanks for all the smses and wishes!!!
(I saved them in a folder in my phone teehee)

It was really touching cuz many messages came from people whom I hadn't been in contact with for quite long (and to think they still rmb!!! awww..), even though they prolly had facebook reminders and all, but nah, doesnt matter.

And I felt so happy cos I had contact with people I didnt talk to for so long again!
One of my friends owed me macs since sec 1 when it was my bday hahaha.

Thanks CC and those who planned (im guessing CC4 and some others?) the entire amazing race I had around meridien. I bet around 2-3 rounds..
Hahah even though yes.. At the end my hair became permed and I almost touched someone wrongly when I was blindfolded (!!), it was fun walking around HAHA.

Firstly cos I couldnt see anyone (so that's pretty much self denial)
and secondly cos 'random' people said happy birthday! (:
thridly, the deception that took place during the whole week (or at least on saturday, huh char & hua?) HAHA.
Well charmaine cant lie well, but thats good (:

and lastly, the beautiful cake the clara had made. the design improved from last year man! good job!!! (: (will post pictures when i have time HAHA)
plus the cards (and the initiative behind it) from some people i dont really know very well.. thanks!! (:

ohohoh! and feli! HAHA for holding the blindfold stuck to my head the entire journey (or at least i think so?)
I was wearing heels so her arms wouldve died i think, but idk what happened hahaha.

YAY so thanks peeps!!(:

[this is a brief one so i just recalled the things i can rmb, which mostly are the funny, touching or embarrassing stuffs ^^]





Anw, about birthdays. I went for Mx's bday party and I felt inspired hahaha.
That birthdays should NOT be celebrated for the sake of it, really.
A real celebration that is genuine would show. (like how you really love the person so)
So like, during her bday, she booked this restaurant/cafe place and invited friends.

The nice part about the whole celebration was that her friends had prepared an 'item' to perform for her.
there was guitar & singing, dancing to a song just for her x 2 and sorta a game played at the start & it was funny and fun.(the guess who's secret? game)

Yeah, the whole thing was enjoyable la, even though her guests didnt know each other.
We all bonded coz of her. Haha.
Idk, I felt it was sincere and the people who prepared the item did it out of their own accord and didnt have other people to direct them as to what to do.

This i find many times happening in the unit or the cg.
People do what they are allocated to do and nothing else.
We do it for the sake of it & not because we really love the bday girl and wanna make it the bestest day in her life..
Which is kinda sad luh, cos after the whole celebration,everyone just absorbs into their own world again and do their own things.

To me, if you really wanna celebrate a persons bday, do it well and to your best.
Celebrate, celebrate the whole time you're with her and not just during the "bday celebration" time, if you get what i mean. Haha.

If every bday was like that, it would be such a nice and enjoyable sight to see & occasion to celebrate, dont you think? :>

Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ART! I hope you enjoyed your day today!!! (:

4 comments:

Daniel Cheah said...

hey cleo..i completely know wat u mean when it comes to reading.. haha.. i feel the same way as well.. on a side note.. all john c maxwell books are generally the same so read one enuff liao.. =p

CLEO said...

Hahah meaning like one of each kind?

Jessica said...

That's why you came up with that for Art's birthday is it? Anyway, I thought it was really sweet even though it was just something so small. ;)

Loveeee!

Cleo said...

Haha! Thats part of the reason I guess.. I also dont know, just felt like doing smth special for her HAHA.